Art Van Furniture has always given back to local and statewide organizations, particularly groups and programs which focus on children, health and human services.
To be eligible for a contribution, your organization must meet the following requirements:
1. Be recognized as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation
2. Be able to provide financials according to these guidelines: If you're a public charity with gross annual support and revenue of over $500,000 you must provide an audited financial statement prepared by an independent CPA. If you are a public charity with gross annual support and revenue of below $500,000, but above $250,000, you must provide a financial statement that is either reviewed or audited by an independent CPA. If you are a public charity with gross annual support and revenue of under $250,000, you must provide a profit and loss statement.
3. In policy and practice do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin, height, weight or marital status
4. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event or program date to be considered eligible
5. Financial track record showing sustainability including no more than 50% of your revenue comes from one specific area, ie private donors, corporate donors, government, etc.