Claire is an experienced interior designer from metro-Detroit. For years, she has found joy in helping her clients recreate space, because designing isn't a job for her. She loves helping families recreate a space that reflects their needs and personality.
- How do you get inspired?
- Getting to know the client and getting into the house. This is my favorite part of the job, if you would even call it that. Getting to know a person's individuality and what they are attracted to and then bringing that essence into their living space. Really it’s the individual that should inspire the designer, not just what a designer is attracted too. I’m designing for you, not for me.
- What tips do you have for clients moving into a new home?
- Try not to stress, this should be fun! This is easier said than done of course. There are so many options out there that it can be a little over whelming. This is why it's so important to find a designer that you have a connection with! When you are nailing down your style for the room or space, think about what you are actually attracted to, not just want is "on trend" right now. Your home is your sanctuary and the design and function should reflect that.
- What is your perfect weekend?
- I love the beautiful nature across Michigan! My perfect weekend would be to go up north to the cottage with the family.