The security of your personal information is important to us. We value your trust and will work to protect the security and privacy of any personal information you provide. We also believe in providing transparency to consumers about our information practices and this Privacy Statement explains how Art Van collects, uses, discloses, and protects your information.
Art Van collects certain personal information from you via this website www.artvan.com (the "website"), our customer service call centers, in Art Van stores and through various promotional campaigns conducted by the Company (collectively, the "Services"). This Privacy Statement applies to all of the personal information collected from you by the methods referenced above and when you access, visit or use the Services, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. The websites of our service providers and social media platforms are not owned or controlled by Art Van and if you use them, that third party's privacy statement may apply. You may want to review those privacy statements so you understand how your personal information is treated by them.
How We Collect Information
Voluntarily - This personal information is obtained when you voluntarily enter and submit information to Art Van. We may need this information to fulfill a request. Examples include the following:
- When you use the Website by requesting information.
- When you place and pay for an order via the Website, in-store, on the phone or at time of delivery.
- When you participate in a contest or sweepstakes.
- When you apply for credit with any of Art Van's third party service providers that provide consumer credit services.
Automatically - Personal information may be obtained automatically in the following ways:
- When you view pages on the website and download information, Art Van and its service providers may use various automated tracking technologies, like cookies, web beacons or pixel tags to operate the Services and provide you with tailored content. For example, we use cookie files to track your clicks as you go through the website, to keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, to tell us whether you have visited the website previously, and to help us determine whether you came to the website from a particular Internet link or banner advertisement. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We operate cameras in certain areas of Art Van stores or premises for security and operational purposes.
Types of Information Collected
The two types of information we collect are personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Non-personally identifiable information is anonymous information that cannot be used to identify you. Personally identifiable information is sensitive information that can be used to identify you.
- When you visit the website, our web server automatically recognizes your Internet Service Provider, domain name, operating system, browser type, the address of the web page you are coming from, the date and time you accessed the website and the pages you requested and visited. Art Van uses this information to statistically measure traffic and flow on the website and to enhance your experience.
- When you create a website account, we collect your e-mail address, password, first and last name, address, city, state, ZIP code, country, phone number (optional) and birth date (optional).
- When you make an in-store or online purchase we collect payment and contact information. We may ask you to confirm your personal information when we contact you to verify your online purchase.
- When you apply for credit we collect financial-related information to facilitate the application process.
- When you pick up merchandise at our store or warehouse we collect personal information to verify your identity.
How We Use and Share Your Information
The following are the general purposes for which we use and share your information:
- To provide products and services, to fulfill requests, process transactions and provide the Services, including sending you communications regarding product information and service and order status. We may share your information with independently-owned Art Van Furniture retail stores to provide products and services, to fulfill requests, process transactions and provide the Services. We may share your information with third party service providers to fulfill any product service request outside of our service area and to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services etc.
- We may disclose information (including personally identifiable information) about you to our Affiliates. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, "Affiliates" means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Art Van Furniture, Inc. whether by ownership or otherwise. Any information relating to you that we provide to our Affiliates will be treated by those Affiliates in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
- We may use your contact information with third party vendors who call, e-mail or mail promotional and marketing information on our behalf. Please see the "Your Choices" section to adjust your preferences.
- We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business and developing and improving our products and the Services.
- We may use your information for analytical and marketing purposes such as analyzing preferences, trends and statistics.
- We may establish a business relationship with other persons or entities and, in such cases, we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services may be of interest to you.
- Your Internet Service Provider identity, domain name, operating system, date and time of site access and pages visited and requested is not reviewed on an individual basis, but is aggregated with other users for comparison purposes.
- We may disclose your information as necessary to comply with legal process (court orders, subpoenas, warrants, etc.) and to comply with laws or regulations. We also may use and disclose to third parties your personal information if necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Art Van Furniture, customers, or associates.
- In the event of a sale or merger of our business, assets or brands, our customer's personal information and other information we have collected as described in this Statement may be among the transferred business assets.
Art Van uses industry-standard technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts (or encodes) sensitive information before it is sent over the Internet and we use reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of your information. However, due to the inherent risk of using of the Internet, including viruses and the threat of hackers, Art Van cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you do so at your own risk.
By virtue of providing your personal information to us or using the Services, you consent to allowing us to contact you by e-mail regarding privacy, security and operational matters. If Art Van becomes aware of a security breach we may contact you and provide you with notice of the breach by e-mail. To receive written notice of a security breach you may contact us directly at.
If you elected to create an account on the website, you may update your account information online at any time. You also may contact us by phone, e-mail or first class mail (contact information is below) to do any of the following:
- Access, update or delete the personal information we maintain about you.
- Adjust your privacy preferences including opting out of receiving promotional e-mails, calls and mailings.
Please note that we may not be able to edit or delete your personal information that is stored with our third party service providers. Additionally, we may be required (by law, regulation, company policy or otherwise) to retain your personal information for a certain period of time, in which case we will not delete your information until applicable time periods have expired.
Ability to Disable / Consequences of Disabling Cookies and Other Technologies - The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Please note that if you disable your Web browser's ability to accept cookies, you will be able to navigate the website, but you will not be able to successfully use all of the Services.
Do Not Track - Some browsers incorporate a ""Do Not Track"" (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them.
California Privacy Rights
This Privacy Statement generally describes how we share information for marketing purposes and it applies to all Art Van customers, including residents of California. Residents of California with whom we have established a business relationship have the right to request from us certain information with respect to the types of personally identifiable information we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties, and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared information during the immediately preceding calendar year. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to: Art Van Furniture, Advertising Department, 6500 14 Mile Rd., Warren MI 48092, or by email at.
Art Van's Services and the website are not directed at or intended for use by children. We will never intentionally collect information from children under 13 and if we learn that we have, we will promptly delete that information. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the age of 13 please contact us immediately at.
Privacy Statement Revisions and Effective Date
This Privacy Statement may be changed in the future as a result of changes in the law or Art Van's business practices. Any information we collect is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time of collection. Changes to the Privacy Statement will be posted on the website with an updated effective date and your use of the website and the Services constitutes acceptance of any updated Privacy Statement. Please check the website periodically for updates.
Last Revision Date: June 2016